Thursday, September 02, 2010

Schools back... aka decent nights sleep


Yesterday schools all over the province opened there doors and thousands of parents breathed a sigh of relief!

Myself included now its now that i wanted rid of Jr quite to opposite when hes not here I don't have anyone to play with but it does mean that i will at last get some sleep.

As i work nights i tend to be going to bed around the time Jr is getting up.

  I am normally in bed about half an hour just drifting off to the land of nod when the nudging starts.
"Dad ,dad,dad, violent nudge with DAD" shouted in my earhole!!
"Yes what" i ask trying not to sound pissed off that for the 57 day in a row hes woke me up.

"Can i go down stairs" comes the standard question

I look at the clock and swear inwardly its 6:15 am
"Jr it too early your mum will freak if you go down why not play in your room and you can go down at 7:00 am OK" i mumble.

Every ten to fifteen minutes Jr will reappear to tell me something or show me something not that he thinks i'm interested but as a way of wearing me down until i tell to just go down stairs.

I doze back over!

Beep beep beep beep, it the first of Mrs.belfasttaxi's alarms.

You noticed i said first didn't you?
You want to know how many she sets?

6
Yes that's right.

6
Every five minute's!!!
By the time herself and Jr get up any ability to sleep has left me! 

But that all changed yesterday, Jr has went back to his normal its a school day so i will sleep in.
This means that poor Mrs.belfasttaxi has to drag her butt outta bed at the first or second alarm or else she wont be able  to make it to the school on time.

Most important of all it means i get some well earned sleep.

Night night
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  zzzzzzzzzzzzz 
BTD farts and rolls over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to the cabby??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

wibiya widget